The versatility of our range of heels is something that we pride ourselves on here at Modshoes.
Pairing a heel with a formal dress does create an elegant look, but how about those who don’t opt for a dress?
Or just wish to get the most wear out of their shoes as possible?
Dressing up jeans with a blouse and heel creates a look that can be more dressy, or more casual – but remains stylish. There is even versatility in the jeans that can be worn! Our personal favourites involve pairing the 2 Shades of Pink Dustys with lighter blue jeans, the Sunflower Mariannes with dark blue jeans, and the White & Lavender Dustys with white jeans.
The possibilities are endless, so why does it feel so difficult to pair jeans with heels?
A current fashion trend is the skinny jean which, when paired with a heel, lengthens the silhouette and creates a sophisticated look. Additionally, cropped jeans are favoured during the summer months, which exhibit the heel in its entirety, and create a daytime look! White jeans are especially flexible, as we love a coloured shoe here at Modshoes, which can be paired with white effortlessly.
- We have conjured some quick styling tips when combining heels with jeans:
- Opt for an overall semi-dressy look to prevent the heels from looking out of place
- If flats are too casual and heels are too high, a midi-heeled block shoe, such as Dustys, or a low heel, such as Mariannes, are a perfect solution
- Layering a dress over jeans creates an outfit ideal for a heeled shoe – dressy yet casual
- Turning up the hem of the jeans shows off the ankle and consequently the entirety of the heel
- Wide leg jeans or flares also draw attention to the ankles to accentuate the heels, it doesn’t have to be skinny jeans!
- Frayed hems stand out against a heel, and establish a contemporary look