This page contains sections on the following
In simple terms , when you buy some items from us, you will be sent an invoice. That invoice has a return label on it, if you brought just one thing, you pay the cost of sending it back. If you brought 2 items (at the same time for size, and are in the UK, and as part of “Size Concerns? Buy 2 For Size In One Order & Get FREE Returns Slip* (UK Mainland Only & T&C’s Apply)” then you will have a free DPD return slip.
Outside UK is more complicated and information about that is below 🙂
In each case all the returns info is on the invoice.
Returns address (this also already Pre-Printed for you on the invoice to cut out and stick to the parcel)
Modshoes Address & Returns,
UNIT 39 & 40 ASTON PARK,
PE2 7BF, UK
The invoice looks like this, and the returns label is highlighted.
DPD free returns has a label like this . More info on DPD free returns here https://www.modshoes.co.uk/unsure-of-your-size-which-style-to-choose/
Notice it has our returns address already.
These terms and conditions relate to goods, which you offer to purchase from the Mod Shoes online store (“our/this website”). Please read these terms and conditions, which govern your use of this website and our supply to you of any goods which you offer to purchase through our on-line facilities.
We will be unable to process any offer to purchase goods until you have done so. If there is anything you do not understand, please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com
DELIVERY TIMES please see page https://www.modshoes.co.uk/delivery-info-charges/
Any taxes or duty fees incurred by shipping to overseas addresses are the responsibility of the customer and these costs cannot be reclaimed from Mod Shoes.
How much time do I have to return them?
Any returns must be back to Mod Shoes within 30 days. This is currently consumer law. If you decide to send them back after 30 days, Mod Shoes will simply put them back in the post to you. I know this sounds a bit harsh but it is company procedure
EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
We would like to ensure your complete satisfaction with the items you have bought from this website. Please use the form on the back of the invoice (which is included with your package) , to express if you need a replacement or refund.
- We will accept items on return that are not worn, used or damaged.
- Please ensure we receive the goods within 28 days of their dispatch.
- For us to process your request it is essential that you also include a copy of your invoice.
- Free Postage in the UK is only 2 times. Meaning if you return shoes 2 times and want us to send out for the 3rd time, there maybe a charge.
How to ensure that the shoes are a good fit
1. Try the shoes on a floor / surface, which is carpeted , meaning it is NOT going to scratch the bottoms, ideally you should be sitting down
2. Make sure that you undo the shoes fully, enough to get the shoes on easily, do not force your feet in.
3. Use a shoe horn if necessary
4. The shoes should be snug but not tight
5. Please make sure that your feet are warm, ideally we advise trying on after 12 mid day when your feet are at their biggest
6. If the shoes are snug, but you can still move your toes, you should be good as they will grow a little
7. If the shoes are tight or just a bit too snug for comfort, please stay seated for at least 10 mins , ideally 20 mins. If the shoes are still too tight please send them back for a bigger size
8. Can we stress that if you wear the shoes, and they even show any sign of wear (eg scratches or marks on sole, scuffs or creases in leather) we can not give you a refund.
9. The reason we can’t give you a refund if the shoes show signs of wear, is because we only like to sell the best shoes, and customers expect their shoes to turn up in tip top fresh condition. If shoes are returned in less than perfect condition, we are unable to re-sell.
10. If you do decide to wear the shoes out, to an event, just up the road etc, to see if they loosen up, then sorry we can’t refund them, as you have broken the termas and conditions for exchange.
As you would expect we only like to send out ‘Tip Top’ shoes.
Please return the goods to:
UNIT 39 & 40 ASTON PARK,
In all cases, the items returned must be in their original condition, which includes tags and any packaging. For example, shoes are to be returned along with the original shoe box. All goods will be inspected on return.
For an example of Tip Top condition, notice in the pics below, that the shoe on the right has been tried on a rough surface. If the shoes come back to us like this, we will simply return back to you. I know this sounds harsh, but we cant resell these shoes and wouldn’t want to supply as new to another customer.
Also can we mention dont force the shoes, we get customers doing this (below) to stretch the boots or shoes, which leaves crease marks ! The next customer wont want these, so please use caution when trying on.
The Box must also be good. We have people that send back shoes by simply taping up the box and sticking returns label on. If we receive back like this we will charge £5 , meaning your refund will be £5 less than the full refund. Please reuse the bag the shoes were sent in, or a supermarket bag etc.
The goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse. Please ensure you package your return to prevent any damage to the items or boxes. We are not responsible for any items that are returned to us in error.
In addition to the Distance Selling Regulations, you can return any item within 14 days of receipt for a refund of that item or to exchange it for a different size or colour. In this case you will be liable for all postage costs.
We are not responsible for the shipping costs for international customers.
We advise to send your shoes back via a guaranteed delivery service, such as Royal Mail Signed for delivery, or get proof of postage as we cannot be held liable for any goods lost in transit to us.
Please be aware 2nd class signed for £4.55 in the UK, DONT get 1st class extra insurance, it will cost £11 and we will only refund £4.55. There are some times where the shoes / boots are heavier the 2kg. 2Kg and under is Royal Mail break point, so if you have a heavy shoe like a Loake it will go up to £11. Can we advise if is a problem for you, we would recommend using a different courier like DPD or DHL who’s weight limit are generally 5kg
How Refunds & Returns work from a financial point of view
- We don’t charge for UK delivery (over £40) so when a refund is processed you get all your initial money back. So if you paid £78, you get £78 back assuming you returned the item within 28 days and the shoes are saleable again.
- You will have to pay for the return* (if you have used the 2 for size shoes option you will have a free returns slip enclosed)
- If you like the shoes but need to exchange for a different pair, i.e smaller size.
- You will have to pay for the return
- We will send out another pair with free postage.
- If international, you will have to pay all costs for redelivery
Please state whether an exchange or refund is required. Once your goods are accepted back into stock you will be issued with an exchange or refund.
Once your goods have been accepted your exchange or refund will be completed within 10 working days. Unless we have sent you incorrect, damaged or faulty goods we regret the cost of postage and packaging cannot be refunded to you.
We can only refund the card you originally used for payment.
Any overseas returns (meaning not the UK) will be subject to further delivery charges.
EU Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
We will include a ‘Sticker’ with your order that you must fix on to the returning items. The sticker will say ‘Faulty Goods’, they are because they don’t fit ! This means we can get the items back into the UK with no import taxes etc.
Once we have collected your payment for sending fresh pair, we send out the items again, but this time because duty has been paid you wont be required to ‘Repay’ import duty etc. It goes without saying, we cant do this on the first sending, as this would be against the law, so please dont ask 🙂
International returns please note: If you are returning anything to us from outside the UK you must complete a customs declaration correctly indicating that the package contains “returned goods” or similar. If your parcel is stopped in UK customs and a charge levied, we will refuse payment and the package will be returned to you. Under no circumstances will we pay customs duty in order to receive back our items.
The Sticker will look like this, and will need to be applied
THIS ITEM IS BEING RETURNED
AND HAS ZERO CUSTOMS VALUE
RETURNED GOODS RELIEF
MODSHOES ADDRESS & RETURNS
UNIT 39 & 40 ASTON PARK
There are several important dates
- 0 – 30 days
- 30 days to 6 months
- 6 Months Onwards
0 – 30 Days
If you product is faulty in this period you are entitled to a full refund or replacement. Please let us know asap
30 days to 6 months
In this period we offer a repair or replacement (Same Product Colour Etc, or if mutually agreed a different pair of shoes) We will of course try to look after you, but as you may know some styles / colours are done in small batches so there may the chance that we cant offer you a direct replacement. If we cant reach a satisfcatory conclusion we will offer a refund
6 Months Onwards.
Sorry but this is our cut off point, and also is law here in the UK, that after this period it is considered a fair amount of time that the item is good and has worked fine. Now we sometimes get told ‘But i have only worn them 5 times’ Whilst we sympathise with this situation unfortunately we cannot offer a refund.
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER
Mod Shoes try to get your order out as soon as possible. To cancel your order you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Unfortunately it will not always be possible to stop the order if this has already been picked up by the delivery company so Mod Shoes will not be liable for the postage and packaging costs should this be the case.
Sale items are sale items because we will be running down this line. In this case we wont be able to offer you a refund on the shoes, unless they are faulty. All shoes are checked before they leave here. On sale items we will offer you a credit on a further purchase, for the price of the item.
All payment card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. In addition, in the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, Mod Shoes will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services). A third party may also be instructed to complete these checks. By ordering from the www.modshoes.co.uk website you consent to such checks being made. We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order. Any information given may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible.
Data protection – We do not share any data collected via our website with any 3rd party partners
Mod Shoes reserves the right to refuse any order.
UNIT 39 & 40 ASTON PARK,