This page contains sections on the following
IMPORTANT: ALL RETURNS MUST BE WITHIN THE 30 DAY RETURN PERIOD, AND IN AS NEW CONDITION.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL TAGS ETC ARE RETURNED WITH CLOTHING.
OUR APOLOGIES BUT WE CANNOT ACCEPT RETURNED TIGHTS OR EARRINGS FOR HYGENE REASONS.
When you buy from us, you will be sent a paper invoice within your parcel.
On the back of the invoice is a returns section. Please read this carefully, and fill in the appropriate information so that our team know what to do once it arrives.
Please be sure to check stock via the website before requesting an exchange. If you do not do this, we may not have the item you wished to exchange for, and we will need to contact you for more information. This will slow down the return process, so please be sure to check the appropriate items prior.
At the bottom of the front of the invoice is an return address cut out. We recommend using this to ensure that the address you are returning to is correct, and doesn’t get mixed up at the sorting office.
You can then use any courier you wish to return the items to us. Unless you have taken advantage of our “2 for size” return label offer (Please see terms for more info), this is at your own cost, so we recommend shopping around for a good price/service.
Please ensure you make a note of any tracking numbers for your returning parcel. We cannot track returning goods for you, so please ensure that you keep this safe so that you can check for updates if required.
Please see below for our full return address. This is the same as the one as stated on the cut out the bottom of the invoice supplied:
28 Stapledon Road
Please note: We aim to process returns within 2-3 working days after receipt, but this can take a little longer from time to time. Please contact us if you have not received an update after 10 working days after receipt.
The invoice looks like this, and the returns label is highlighted.
(If you have lost/do not have this, please include a brief note within the parcel stating your preference and contact details)
If you have taken advantage of our 2 for sizing deal, your DPD free return label will look like this. Please keep this safe. More info on DPD free returns here https://www.modshoes.co.uk/unsure-of-your-size-which-style-to-choose/
Notice it has our returns address already.
These terms and conditions relate to goods, which you offer to purchase from the Mod Shoes online store (“our/this website”). Please read these terms and conditions, which govern your use of this website and our supply to you of any goods which you offer to purchase through our on-line facilities.
We will be unable to process any offer to purchase goods until you have done so.
DELIVERY TIMES please see page https://www.modshoes.co.uk/delivery-info-charges/
Any taxes or duty fees incurred by shipping to overseas addresses are the responsibility of the customer and these costs cannot be reclaimed from Mod Shoes.
How much time do I have to return items?
0 – 30 days Any returns must be back to Mod Shoes within 30 days. This is currently consumer law.
31 – 60 days Credit Note or Exchange if agreed via email first. No cash refunds.
60 days + If you decide to send them back after 60 days, Mod Shoes will simply put them back in the post to you. I know this sounds a bit harsh but it is company procedure
EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
We would like to ensure your complete satisfaction with the items you have bought from this website. Please use the form on the back of the invoice (which is included with your package) , to express if you need a replacement or refund.
- We will accept items on return that are not worn, used or damaged.
- Please ensure we receive the goods within 28 days of their dispatch.
- For us to process your request it is essential that you also include a copy of your invoice.
- Free Postage in the UK is only 2 times. Meaning if you return shoes 2 times and want us to send out for the 3rd time, there maybe a charge.
How to ensure that the shoes are a good fit
1. Try the shoes on a floor / surface, which is carpeted , meaning it is NOT going to scratch the bottoms, ideally you should be sitting down
2. Make sure that you undo the shoes fully, enough to get the shoes on easily, do not force your feet in.
3. Use a shoe horn if necessary
4. The shoes should be snug but not tight
5. Please make sure that your feet are warm, ideally we advise trying on after 12 mid day when your feet are at their biggest
6. If the shoes are snug, but you can still move your toes, you should be good as they will grow a little
7. If the shoes are tight or just a bit too snug for comfort, please stay seated for at least 10 mins , ideally 20 mins. If the shoes are still too tight please send them back for a bigger size
8. Can we stress that if you wear the shoes, and they even show any sign of wear (eg scratches or marks on sole, scuffs or creases in leather) we can not give you a refund.
9. The reason we can’t give you a refund if the shoes show signs of wear, is because we only like to sell the best shoes, and customers expect their shoes to turn up in tip top fresh condition. If shoes are returned in less than perfect condition, we are unable to re-sell.
10. If you do decide to wear the shoes out, to an event, just up the road etc, to see if they loosen up, then sorry we can’t refund them, as you have broken the terms and conditions for exchange.
As you would expect we only like to send out ‘Tip Top’ shoes.
Please return the goods to:
Modshoes Address & Returns,
28 Stapledon Road
In all cases, the items returned must be in their original condition, which includes tags and any packaging. For example, shoes are to be returned along with the original shoe box. All goods will be inspected on return.
For an example of Tip Top condition, notice in the pics below, that the shoe on the right has been tried on a rough surface. If the shoes come back to us like this, we will simply return back to you. I know this sounds harsh, but we cant resell these shoes and wouldn’t want to supply as new to another customer.
Also can we mention dont force the shoes, we get customers doing this (below) to stretch the boots or shoes, which leaves crease marks ! The next customer wont want these, so please use caution when trying on.
The Box must also be good. We have people that send back shoes by simply taping up the box and sticking returns label on. If we receive back like this we will charge £5 , meaning your refund will be £5 less than the full refund. Please reuse the bag the shoes were sent in, or a supermarket bag etc.
The goods are your responsibility until they reach our warehouse. Please ensure you package your return to prevent any damage to the items or boxes. We are not responsible for any items that are returned to us in error.
In addition to the Distance Selling Regulations, you can return any item within 14 days of receipt for a refund of that item or to exchange it for a different size or colour. In this case you will be liable for all postage costs.
We are not responsible for the shipping costs for international customers.
We advise to send your shoes back via a guaranteed delivery service, such as Royal Mail Signed for delivery, or get proof of postage as we cannot be held liable for any goods lost in transit to us.
Please be aware 2nd class signed for is around £4.55 in the UK, DONT get 1st class extra insurance, it will cost £11 and is not required in most cases. There are some times where the shoes / boots are heavier the 2kg. 2Kg and under is Royal Mail break point, so if you have a heavy shoe like a Loake it will go up to £11. Can we advise if is a problem for you, we would recommend using a different courier like DPD or DHL who’s weight limit are generally 5kg
How Refunds & Returns work from a financial point of view
- We don’t charge for UK delivery (over £65) so when a refund is processed you get all your initial money back. So if you paid £78, you get £78 back assuming you returned the item within 28 days and the shoes are saleable again.
- You will have to pay for the return* (if you have used the 2 for size shoes option you will have a free returns slip enclosed)
- We can only refund via the same account/card that was used to place the order. We cannot refund to a different account under any circumstances..
- If you like the shoes but need to exchange for a different pair, i.e smaller size.
- You will have to pay for the return
- We will send out another pair with free postage.
- If international, we dont offer exchange on International orders, please see below
Please state whether an exchange or refund is required. Once your goods are accepted back into stock you will be issued with an exchange or refund.
Once your goods have been accepted your exchange or refund will be completed within 10 working days. Unless we have sent you incorrect, damaged or faulty goods we regret the cost of postage and packaging cannot be refunded to you.
We can only refund the card you originally used for payment.
- Unfortunately with immediate effect, we are unable to process any International exchanges.
- Regretfully this is due to Brexit changes, taxation VAT and custom duties issues.
- We apologize massively for any inconvenience caused.
- If you need exchange an item for sizing etc, you will need to ‘Purchase’ the item again.
- If you require a refund ? send back the original item(s) for refund
Should you believe you may have received a faulty/incorrect item, please contact us via email at email@example.com and we will instruct on further action.
Please note: We may ask you to provide photographs of any damage/faults before a decision can be made. To speed up processing your request, please attach these in your initial email if possible.
In some cases, we may need to inspect the shoes in person.
IMPORTANT: Should you return an item prior to contacting and agreeing a resolution, under no circumstances will your postage be refunded. We can usually supply a free return label on faulty goods (UK only), but again, this MUST be agreed prior.
0 – 30 Days
If you product is faulty in this period you are entitled to a full refund or replacement. Please return them to us, and clearly state any specific issues on the returns section of the invoice.
30 days to 6 months
In this period we may offer a repair or replacement (Same Product Colour Etc, or if mutually agreed a different pair of shoes) We will of course try to look after you, but as you may know some styles / colours are done in small batches so there may the chance that we can’t offer you a direct replacement. If we cant reach a satisfactory conclusion we may offer a credit, but this will be on a case by case basis.
6 Months Onwards.
After 6 months, adequate time has passed for reasonable wear, and we can no longer offer a replacement or credit.
Customers will sometimes say “I have only worn them 5 times”. Whereas we sympathise in these cases, 6 months provides plenty of opportunity to use an item and discover any issues. All obligations by UK law have also passed by this time.
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER
Mod Shoes try to get your order out as soon as possible. To cancel your order you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Unfortunately it will not always be possible to stop the order if this has already been picked up by the delivery company so Mod Shoes will not be liable for the postage and packaging costs should this be the case.
Sale items are sale items because we will be running down this line. In this case we wont be able to offer you a refund on the shoes, unless they are faulty. All shoes are checked before they leave here. On sale items we will offer you a credit on a further purchase, for the price of the item.
All payment card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery. In addition, in the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, Mod Shoes will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services). A third party may also be instructed to complete these checks. By ordering from the www.modshoes.co.uk website you consent to such checks being made. We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order. Any information given may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible.
Data protection – We do not share any data collected via our website with any 3rd party partners
Mod Shoes reserves the right to refuse any order.